You probably have noticed the special flooring at a number of playgrounds in your area. The surface does not look anything like asphalt, or any other traditional pavement you are familiar with. That is not surprising, as more and more playground and sports facilitates are switching from old-fashioned flooring options to more efficient, contemporary solutions. This includes rubber playground flooring.
The progress established in recycled rubber products has made incredible leaps in the last few years. Especially the playground rubber flooring industry has developed rapidly, creating flooring options that are not only very attractive; playground rubber tiles are also durable, weather resistant, shock absorbent, and reduce noise substantially. These are remarkable qualities, which are much appreciated in areas where children play.
Benefits of Playground Rubber Flooring
Floors made from recycled rubber offer the following advantages:
- They are easy to walk on.
- Recycled rubber products are extremely durable. Your flooring will last!
- New colours and patterns give your flooring a stylish appearance.
- Playground rubber surfaces are non-skid and safe for children and adults.
- Stain resistant and easy to clean.
- The superior sound-absorbing characteristics will make these floors ideal for playgrounds, classrooms, hallways, home gyms, as well as sports and recreational facilities.
- Taking all the costs accumulated over the lifespan of a floor into consideration, rubber flooring continues to be an extremely low-cost solution. It peaks in longevity, and is easier to maintain than most other playground floors.
- This eco-friendly, recycled product, made from tires is in high demand by environmentally conscious citizens and organizations.
It is not every day that you go out and buy playground rubber flooring. Therefore, inform yourself about your choices and the supplier advertising recycled rubber products. The following tips may help you find the best deal for your money.
- Study your rubber flooring options, including the dimensions of the tiles. Like with all flooring, you will be offered various sizes and thickness levels.
- Look for suppliers offering quantity discounts. If they are announcing a sale, wait to order your playground rubber tiles until the promotion has started.
- If you are not set on specific tile colours and patterns, find those flooring providers that give price breaks on pre-stocked tiles, or who often reduce the price on less popular colours.
- Research your flooring supplier’s reputation. Contact the references you requested to determine if the floor is performing as anticipated. Politely ask who installed the playground rubber flooring, and if the work was done right. Finding a Class A installer is as important as buying the best possible floors.
- Never use abrasive scouring pads or steel wool on rubber playground flooring.
- Avoid cheap, coloured cleaning pads as they can stain flooring. Simply use a soft hand brush to remove heavily soiled areas.
- Acidic solvents can cause rubber floors to deteriorate. Do not use them!
- The best way to clean recycled rubber flooring is by sweeping them regularly. Indoor surfaces can also be wiped with a damp cloth or soft mop.
Follow these simple cleaning instructions and you will extend the long lifespan of your playground rubber flooring even more.